Delaware Hand-Embroidered PillowDelaware Hand-Embroidered Pillow
Sale Sold Out
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I clean a throw pillow?
Always follow the manufacturer's instructions about how to clean a throw or decorative pillow. The cleaning method will depend upon the type of fabric used, whether it is embellished with embroidery or beading, and other factors which can determine how to safely clean. "Spot clean" means only to clean a specific area which might be soiled. "Dry Clean only" means that it must be taken to professional dry cleaners.
What are the different types of throw pillows?
- Throw pillows come in various types, each with its own style, shape, and purpose. Here are some common types of throw pillows:
- Rectangular Pillows: These pillows have a rectangular shape and are often used for lumbar support. They can add visual interest and variation to pillow arrangements.
- Bolster Pillows: Bolster pillows are cylindrical in shape and are typically used for added support. They work well on beds or as armrests on sofas.
- Round Pillows: Circular pillows add a playful and unique element to decor. They are suitable for both casual and formal settings.
- Floor Pillows: Large, square or rectangular pillows designed for sitting or lounging on the floor. They are great for creating a relaxed and comfortable seating area.
- Shaped Pillows: Pillows come in various shapes, including hearts, stars, animals, or other decorative forms, adding a whimsical touch to decor.
- Accent Pillows: Designed with unique patterns, textures, or embellishments, accent pillows add visual interest and can become a focal point in a room.
- Embroidered Pillows: These pillows feature intricate embroidery, often showcasing patterns, quotes, or detailed designs, providing a touch of elegance.
- Textured Pillows: Pillows with different textures, such as knitted, woven, or furry fabrics, add depth and tactile appeal to a space.
- Seasonal Pillows: Pillows designed with seasonal motifs or colors, such as holiday-themed pillows or those reflecting different seasons.
- Printed or Patterned Pillows: Pillows with printed designs or patterns, ranging from geometric shapes to florals, can complement various decor styles.
- Outdoor Pillows: Made with weather-resistant materials, outdoor pillows are designed to withstand the elements and are suitable for patio furniture.
- Consider the purpose and aesthetic you want to achieve when selecting throw pillows, and feel free to mix and match different types to create a personalized and visually appealing arrangement.
What is a good throw pillow size?
- The ideal throw pillow size depends on the furniture, the overall aesthetic, and personal preferences. However, some standard throw pillow sizes are commonly used in interior design. Here are a few guidelines:
- Rectangular Pillows: Common sizes include 12x18 inches and 12x24 inches. Rectangular pillows are often used for lumbar support.
- Bolster Pillows: Bolster pillows come in various lengths and diameters. Common sizes include 6 x 16 inches and 9x28 inches.
- Round Pillows: Common sizes for round pillows range from 14 to 18 inches in diameter. Round pillows add a distinctive touch to seating areas.
- Floor Pillows: Sizes for floor pillows can vary widely, with larger options like 24x24 inches or even 36 x 36 inches for spacious seating areas.
- When selecting throw pillow sizes, consider the scale of the furniture and the overall design of the room. Mixing different sizes and shapes can create a visually appealing and dynamic arrangement. Additionally, consider the function of the pillow – whether it's for decorative purposes, added comfort, or both.
What are the different throw pillow shapes?
- Common throw pillow shapes include:
- Rectangular: Often used for lumbar support (e.g., 12x18 inches).
- Bolster: Cylindrical in shape, varying lengths.
- Round: Circular pillows (e.g., 16 inches in diameter).
- Floor: Large and square or rectangular for floor seating.
What type of fabric is best for throw pillows?
- Common throw pillow fabrics include:
- Linen: Light and textured, offering a relaxed appearance.
- Polyester: Budget-friendly, durable, and wrinkle-resistant.
- Velvet: Luxurious and soft, suitable for formal styles.
- Wool: Warm and stain-resistant, ideal for rustic decor.
- Outdoor Fabrics: Water-resistant options like Sunbrella for outdoor use.
- Silk: Elegant but best for decorative pillows.
- Faux Fur: Adds texture and warmth for a trendy look.
How do you pick a throw pillow color?
Choose a throw pillow color by considering the existing color palette in the room, aiming for contrast or complementary shades. Factor in the desired mood, the room's overall style, and whether you want the pillows to blend in or make a statement.
What do you fill a throw pillow with?
- Throw pillows are typically filled with various materials to provide comfort and support. Common pillow fillings include:
- Down Feather: Soft and luxurious, made from the undercoating of duck or goose feathers.
- Feather and Down Blend: Combining the softness of down with the support of feathers.
- Foam Inserts: Firm and supportive, often used for lumbar or posture support.
- Cotton Fill: Natural and breathable, suitable for those with allergies.
- Memory Foam: Conforms to the shape of the body, offering support and comfort.
- Choose a filling based on your preferences for firmness, softness, and any specific considerations, such as allergies or budget constraints.
What are the decorative pillows called?
Decorative pillows are often referred to as throw pillows or accent pillows.
Are decorative pillows worth it?
Yes, decorative pillows are worth it as they enhance the comfort and visual appeal of a room immensely. They add texture, color, and style, creating a cohesive and inviting atmosphere. Additionally, they allow for easy and affordable updates to the decor, making it simple to refresh a space without significant changes.
Are throw pillows the same as decorative pillows?
Yes, the terms "throw pillows" and "decorative pillows" are often used interchangeably. Both refer to pillows that are primarily designed for decorative purposes rather than functional support. These pillows are meant to enhance the aesthetic appeal of furniture and contribute to the overall decor of a room. They come in various shapes, sizes, and styles to complement the design of a space.
How many pillows should I put on my couch?
- The number of pillows to put on your couch depends on personal preference, the size of the couch, and the overall aesthetic you want to achieve. However, a common approach is to use an odd number of pillows for visual balance. Here are some suggestions:
- Medium-Sized Couch (3-4 Seats): Aim for 4-6 pillows.
- Large Couch (5+ Seats): Use 6 or more pillows for a fuller look.
- Mixing different sizes and shapes, such as square and rectangular pillows, can add visual interest. Play with patterns and textures while considering the overall style of the room. Ultimately, the goal is to create a comfortable and inviting space that reflects your personal taste.
Can you embroider a pillow?
Yes, you can embroider a pillow by creating your own design or using a pre-made embroidery pattern. Alternatively, you can buy pre-embroidered pillows with various designs, patterns, or messages. Embroidered pillows add a personalized and decorative touch to home decor, and they are available in a wide range of styles to suit different tastes and preferences.
What is the best fabric for embroidered pillow?
- The best fabrics for embroidered pillows are:
- Linen: Provides a natural texture for a rustic look.
- Canvas: Sturdy and suitable for intricate embroidery.