Try It Tuesday: Hibiscus Mint Iced Tea Sparkler
We're Holding onto Summer...
We can't believe it's already August! The weather has been hot and beautiful here in Northern California, which has had us taking a vacation from our desks/couch to our lovely patio at the end of each day. And what better way to celebrate warm summer evenings than with a refreshing beverage?
We loved the lightly sweet and refreshing combination of this iced tea "sparkler" recipe, and hope you will too. Enjoy these last days of summer... and cheers!
Hibiscus Mint Iced Tea Sparkler Recipe
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 bags hibiscus tea (we used a really tasty blend from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large pitcher, combine tea bags, honey, and boiling water. Let steep for 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how strong you'd like the hibiscus flavor to be.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add plenty of ice to the pitcher and stir in sparkling water and mint.
- Refrigerate fr 1 hour or until completely chilled.
- Serve garnished with additional mint leaves and limes. Enjoy!
We chose to serve our iced tea in our Mexico glass. The festive colors of this fun design always bring a smile to our face, and fond memories of travels to our beautiful neighbors in the south. Cheers!