This original design celebrates The Big Guava and the Sunshine City - Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* In Tampa's Ybor City 200 cigar factories once produced over 500 million cigars a year. For this reason it was once known as the "Cigar Capital of the World."
* Each year the city of Tampa celebrates pirates with a "pirate invasion." The Gasparilla Pirate Festival was recognized as one of the most unique festivals in the country.
* Bayshore Boulevard is known as the world's longest continuous sidewalk (4.5miles without a break).
* The area of Tampa/St. Petersburg gets hit with more lightning than an other area in the nation. Perhaps for this reason the Calusa tribe called the area Tampa which means 'sticks of fire.'
* Keith Richards wrote the song "Satisfaction" while in Tampa in 1965.
* St. Pete's Don CeSar Hotel, built in 1928, is known as Florida's "Pink Palace." It contains 277 luxury rooms, an 11,000sq ft Spa, and over 38,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor function space.
* St. Petersburg's Saturday Morning Market is the largest one-day weekly fresh market in the Southeastern U.S. Nearly 10,000 people attend each week.
* The birth of commercial aviation happened in St. Petersburg in 1914. The establishment of airplane service between St. Pete and Tampa was the starting point for commercial service today.
* Legend dictates that St. Petersburg founders John Williams and Peter Demens flipped a coin for naming rights. Demens won and named the city after his native St. Petersburg, Russia.
* The largest port in Florida is the Port of Tampa. The bay in Tampa is only 12 feet deep on average.
* St. Petersburg is home to the Salvador Dali museum- an architecturally breathtaking building. The freestanding staircase in the museum was tested for strength (two rugby teams danced on it- disco-style) and found to be resilient.
* Tampa's MacDill Air Force Base is home to U.S. Central Command, which oversees U.S. action in the Middle East.