Hey Ya'll... This original design celebrates the city of Savannah, Georgia!
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Savannah was founded by General Oglethorpe in 1733. The city was organized into grids with wide streets and public squares. The city is known as "America's First Planned City." Twenty one of the original public squares were carefully preserved and exist today.
* The first Girl Scouts meeting was held in Savannah (founder Juliette Gordon Low was born here too).
* The city of Savannah was spared during the Civil War (no battles took place here). The confederate leader General Sherman actually sent a telegraph to President Lincoln offering the city up as a present in December of 1864.
* The city is known for the large parade held annually on St. Patrick's Day. The parade was established 189 years ago.
Savannah was the first capital of the 13th colony (and later the state of Georgia).
* The city is known as the "Hostess City of the South" for its renowned southern hospitality.
* Tybee Island is the site of the first lighthouse on the Southern Atlantic coast. The first Tybee lighthouse was built in 1736 (although it was destroyed several times, the fourth lighthouse on the location was constructed just after the end of the Civil War and is still standing).