This original design celebrates the Birthplace of Rock n Roll - Memphis, Tennessee!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The city is home to the National Civil Rights Museum, established at the Lorraine Motel. The Museum chronicles the civil rights movement from the colonial period to the present.
* Sun Records is known as the “Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll”
* Graceland, Elvis Presley’s home, is the second most-visited home in the USA. It is visited each year by more than half a million fans!
* The city of Memphis is mentioned in more songs than any other city in the world, according to Billboard Magazine, it is mentioned in over 400 songs.
* The world’s first self-service grocery store, the Piggly Wiggly, opened here in 1916
* The Lion known for its roars at the beginning of the classic MGM films retired from show business and lived at the Memphis Zoo until his death in 1944.
* This city is named for Memphis one of the most important cities in ancient Egypt. The ancient city’s name Men-nefer (meaning “the enduring and beautiful”) and was translated by the Greeks into the word Memphis.
* The Peabody hotel is home to the luckiest pet ducks in the country. The domestic flock lives in a fancy penthouse and takes a march each day into the lobby for a swim in the lobby’s marble fountain.
* The city’s water is supplied by a one hundred trillion gallon sand aquifer. Residents consider their water the tastiest in the country.
* The first blues songs were composed in Memphis in the early 20th century. Many consider W.C. Handy’s song “The Memphis Blues” to be the very first blues song (composed in 1909).
* Memphis is the most populous city in Tennessee.