This original design celebrates our Lady Liberty - a New York (and American) icon!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The statue of liberty's official dedication ceremony took place on October 28th 1886.
* This beautiful statue weighs an impressive 450,000 pounds (225 tons).
* During the restoration the new torch was carefully covered with thin sheets of 24K gold (completed in 1986).
* The statue of Liberty is covered in copper which is 3/32 of an inch thick.
* The seven rays on the crown represents each of the seven continents. They measure up to 9 feet each.
* Each of the statues sandals are 25 feet long.
* The Statue is 305 ft 6 in. from the base of the pedestal foundation to the top of the torch.
* French sculptor Auguste Bartholdi created the statue with many workers alongside. They worked ten hour days, seven days a week for 9 years.
* This monument was shipped to America and placed upon Bedloe Island which today is known as Liberty Island. It is only accesible by ferry boat.