The EMERALD ISLE! This original deign celebrates the green & glorious country of Ireland.
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Is Ireland the birthplace of "Halloween?" The Gaelic festival of Samhain, a harvest fest, is held on October 31st. It became associated with All Saints Day in the early Middle Ages and merged over the centuries, creating Halloween.
* The Irish family names starting with 'Mac" or "O'..." mean "Son of..."
* Ireland is completely snake-free.
* One of the first animal rights activists, Richard Martin, founded the RSPCA in 1824.
* Irish-Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi set up the world's first permanent transatlantic radio station in the County Galway (1907).
* The world's first purpose-built two-chamber parliament house was the Irish Houses of Parliament, built in 1729.
* An Irish birthday tradition is to hold the birthday boy/girl upside down and bump their head slightly on the floor (one bump for every year of life... it brings good luck).
* The oldest pub in the world is Sean's Bar in County Westmeath. It was founded in 900.
* Captain Charles Boycott (1832-1897), refused to reduce the rents of his employer's tenants. Due to his stand on the issue the Times of London came to use his name to mean withdrawing from relations with an organization as protest. The word "Boycott" was entered into the English language.
* There are more Irish people living outside of Ireland than in Ireland.
* The world's first duty-free airport is Shannon, circa 1947.
* The Newgrange Passage tomb in County Meath is from 3,200BC (older than Stonehenge by a thousand years).
* Irish is the country's first official language. Nearly 1.5 million people in Ireland speak Irish while nearly all citizens speak English.
* St.Patrick's Day is Ireland's official national holiday, celebrated annually on March 17th.
* RTE's "The Late Late Show" is the world's longest running talk show.
* Over 80% of Irish are Roman Catholic.
* The oldest inhabited castle in Ireland is Kilbrittain Castle in County Cork. The castle is believed to have been built in 1035 by the O'Mahony clan.
* The world's oldest yacht club is the Royal Cork Yacht club founded in 1720.
* Guinness, the world's largest brewer of stout, is one of the most successful beer brands in the world.