ALOHA! This original design celebrates the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. Carmel Swan, one of the owners of catstudio, is a native of Hawaii - and she worked long hours to ensure the art truly captures the spirit of Aloha. We think it does!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The tallest mountain in the world is in Hawaii: Mauna Kea. It is technically 32,000ft. High when measured from its base on the seafloor.
* Hawaii is the southernmost state in the USA.
* Hawaii has its own time zone, 10 hours behind GMT. Also, it is one of only two states that do not observe daylight saving time.
* Hawaii is the only state to have an increasing land area (the Big Island grows by approx. 42 acres each year due to the volcanic eruptions of Kilauea.
* Those born in Hawaii have the longest projected lifespans in the United States (77.1 years males: 82.5 years females).
* Mt. Waialeale on the island of Kauai is the rainiest location on the planet: averages 476 inches of rain per year.
* Hawaii is considered to be the most isolated population center on the planet (it is 2,390 miles away from the nearest continent (North America).
* By law no building is allowed to be built taller than a palm tree on the island of Kauai.
* The north shore of the island of Molokai is home to the world's largest sea cliffs (3,000 ft high).
* The Hawaiian archipelago is the longest island chain in the world (spans 1,523 miles).
* Hawaii has two official languages: Hawaiian and English.
* Hawaii is composed of 132 islands (8 main islands and 124 islets, reefs, and shoals).
* The Kilauea volcano is the largest and most active volcano on Earth.