This original design celebrates the beauty and splendor of Yosemite National Park.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with tan velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Yosemite contains hundreds of small waterfalls, ten large falls, the highest of which, Yosemite Falls, drops 2,425 feet. Famous Horsetail Fall appears to be on fire when the water reflects the orange glow of sunset. This can be seen in mid to late February.
* Approximately 4 million people visit the park each year.
* Yosemite was established by President Lincoln as a nature preserve in the mid 1800s. In 1890 it was designated as a national park.
* Writer and naturalist John Muir was mightily impressed with the natural grace of the park and pushed President Teddy Roosevelt to give more protection to it, which was granted.
* Yosemite National Park features Giant Sequoia trees, the largest living things. The oldest Sequoia in the park is named Grizzly Giant, it is thought to be 2,700 years old and it stands in the Mariposa Grove.
* Mt. Lyell is the highest peak in Yosemite at 13,114ft. It is home to the largest active glacier in the park, the Lyell Glacier (1/4mile square).
* Half Dome, the youngest rock formation in the park, features a sheer cliff of Plutonic granite on its western face. Scientists believe it is very unlikely that there was ever a fully-formed other half of the dome.
* El Capitan is the largest granite monolith in the world. It is 7,569 ft tall, rising 3,593 ft above the floor of the valley. It is a favorite challenge for experienced rock climbers.