Mountaineers are always free! This original design celebrates the State of West Virginia!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The New River is one of the oldest rivers in the World and it flows south to north. The New River Gorge Bridge is the longest steel-arch bridge in the nation (spans 1,815 feet).
* The capitol building's dome is 292 feet high, higher than the Washington D.C. capitol building's dome. The capitol building is in Charleston, WV.
* West Virginia is mostly covered by forests (75% of the state is forest).
* North America's largest cone-shaped prehistoric burial mound, Grave Creek Mound, can be seen in Moundsville, WV. It is an Adena mound, 2,000 years old, measures 69 ft high by 295 ft in diameter.
* West Virginia produces 15% of the nation's coal. There are also at least three houses built entirely from coal, the oldest of which was built in 1933.
* Outdoor advertising originated in Wheeling, WV, when the Block Brothers Tobacco Co. painted bridges and barns with their advertisements (1908).
* The first brick street in the country was laid in Charleston in 1873.
* The state has a mean altitude of 1,500 ft. This is the highest state average altitude east of the Mississippi.
* West Virginia's state nickname is the Mountain State.
* West Virginia is known as the southern most northern state and the northern most southern state.
* Princeton is in Mercer County, West Virginia just as Princeton, NJ, is in Mercer County, NJ.
* West Virginia is the only state created by taking territory from another state (Virginia).
* Beneath the Greenbrier Resort at White Sulphur Springs, there is a two-story bunker designed to house the entire U.S. Congress and support staff for forty days in the event of a nuclear war. It was designed and built in secret during the Eisenhower administration, very few congressional leaders knew of its existance.