Rock City! Twin City! Love City! This original design celebrates the beautiful US Virgin Islands.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with blue & white ticked piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The highest point on the islands is Crown Mountain (1,552ft) on St. Thomas.
* The islands' fungi bands (aka scratch bands) have created a unique musical style called Quelbe. The bands use improvised musical instruments (washboards, gourds, etc).
* There are toxic trees on the islands called machineel trees. Visitors are told not to stand under the trees in the rain because runoff from the trees will cause painful blisters on the skin.
* The rare 'century plant' can be found no where else in North America but on the virgin islands. This extraordinary plant takes 15-20 years to bloom.
* Although the islands are considered part of the U.S. a few rules and customs date back to the day of European Rule. For example: one drives on the left side of the road here.
* St. Thomas Synagogue is a historic landmark, one of the oldest in continuous use in America: founded in 1796.
* The Underwater trail in Trunk Bay, St. John is an Underwater National Park. It is one of the best places to snorkel and items are marked with underwater signs.
* The combined area of St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas are about two times the size of Washington, D.C.
* Seven flags have flown over these islands: Spanish, Dutch, British, French, Danish, Knights of Malta, and United States of America.
* Originally discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493, he named the islands after Saint Ursula and the 11,000 virgins. The name was later shortened to the Virgin Islands.