The Lone Star State. This original design celebrates the Country of...we mean State of Texas.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* One of the largest assortments of circusana in the world is at the Hertzberg Circus Museum in San Antonio, TX.
* Central Texas is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of the south for the large number of tech companies and jobs. Texas is home to Dell and Compaq computer companies.
* Waco Bridge over the Brazos River was the first suspension bridge in the nation. It was built in 1870 and is still in use today.
* The word 'Texas' comes from the Hasinai word TEJAS which means friends or allies.
* El Paso, TX, is closer to California than it is to Dallas, TX.
* When Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969 Aldrin and Armstrong communicated with Mission Control in Houston, TX. It was the first moon to earth call and included the phrase 'Houston. Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.'
* Texas is only 8,000sq miles larger than France.
* The Tyler Municipal Rose Garden contains 38,000 rose bushes in a 22-acre garden. It is the world's largest rose garden.
* The Texas state capitol building in Austin is the largest of all state capitol buildings in the US.
* The hottest recorded temperature in Texas was 120?? F in Seymour on August 12, 1936.
* The state of Texas experiences the most tornadoes in the country (an average of 139 per year).
* Miriam A. Ferguson was the first female ever elected to the office of governor. She was elected governor of Texas in 1925.
* The only hotel in North America built entirely over water is the Flagship Hotel on Seawall Blvd. in Galveston. It is a 7 story hotel built on the historic Pleasure Pier over the surf.
* Laredo is the largest inland port in the nation.