Mount Rushmore State! This original design celebrates the State of South Dakota.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Mount Rushmore's carving took 14 years to create. It was finished in the 1940s and remains an icon of American democracy.
* Jewel Cave in South Dakota is the third-longest cave in the world (120miles). The name of the cave comes from the calcite crystals that glitter when illuminated.
* The Crazy Horse Memorial mountain carving, when completed, will be the largest sculpture in the world. The carving began in 1998 and continues to this day through the efforts of the nonprofit.
* The potato capital of South Dakota, Clark, hosts an annual mashed potato wrestling event in August.
* The most endangered land mammal in North America, the black-footed ferret, is being successfully reintroduced to the wilds of South Dakota. In fact, there are six reintroduction site projects in this state (more than anywhere else in the country).
* South Dakota's Harney Peak is the highest US point east of the Rocky Mountains. The peak rises 7,242ft above sea level.
* Sturgis is home to the annual Black Hills Classic Motorcycle Rally. The little city of under 10,000 people welcomes nearly half a million people each August. Last year the attendance was estimated above 450,000.
* Murdo, SD, is home to the Pioneer Auto Museum which displays more than 250 rare automobiles.
* Wall Drug in Wall, SD, still serves free glasses of ice water to travelers and coffee for 5 cents a cup.