Let's go SKIING in Vermont's Powder!!! This original design celebrates Skiing in the beautiful State of Vermont.
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Stowe created the nation's first ski patrol in 1936.
* Stowe Mountain Resort claims to have more mile-long lifts than any other ski resort in the East. The resort does have the highest peak in Vermont: Mount Mansfield (4,395).
* Ski areas in Vermont provided rope and cable pulls for downhill skiers. It wasn't until the 1940s when chairlifts became common across the state.
* In the mid 1950s the 'Walt Disney of Vermont' Walt Schoenknecht opened Mount Snow ski resort with a high capacity new chairlift that could carry 1,200 skiers per hour (most chairs provided 250 rides per hour). In addition Schoenknecht's resort's ski trails were extra wide, banked for snow hold. Many resorts copied this plan of trail design.
* Modernization of ski resorts in Vermont was widespread in the 1960s with the advent of snowmaking. One area that refused to modernize is Mad River Glen. Its trails remain largely ungroomed as they were in the 1940s.
* The first ski race in the country was held on Mount Mansfield in 1934. It was a downhill frenzy where each skiier hiked up to the summit then raced down.
* Rudyard Kipling is said to have invented the game of snow golf while living in Vermont in the 1890s.
* There are over 40 ski areas in the state of Vermont.