Let's go SKIING in Vail's Powder!!! This original design celebrates Skiing in the beautiful Vail area.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
**To celebrate Vail Mountain's 50th Anniversary, we've created this special edition pillow (see banner under the masthead).
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Ute tribe first inhabited this area of Colorado calling the Gore Range "The Shining Mountains."
* The 10th Mountain Division, a WW II US armed forces group, trained at Camp Hale just south of Vail. The training included high altitude, low temperature combat on skis and snowshoes. This training became important for combat action in the mountains of Italy during the war.
* Vail Resort was first discovered as a prime skiing spot by Earl Eaton and Pete Seibert (a veteran of the 10th Mtn. Division). Vail's opening day was in 1962.
* The U.S. Open Snowboarding Championship is oftentimes hosted by Vail Resort.
* Vail Resort is one of the largest single ski resorts in North America with 5,289 skiable acres with 193 trails and a mountain wall 7 miles long.
* Vail recently opened two new chairlifts and a state-of-the art gondola with wi-fi and heated seats.