Let's go SKIING in Tahoe's Powder!!! This original design celebrates Skiing in the beautiful Tahoe area.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Tahoe's average annual snowfall is 300-600 inches.
* There is a rich history of skiing in the Lake Tahoe area. It started with the Donner Ski Ranch in 1927. Shortly thereafter the U.S. Olympic Committee held the Olympic trials at Granlibakken (thought of as Olympic Hill) in Tahoe (1931).
* Squaw Valley USA hosted the 1960 Winter Olympics. The ski resort was originally founded by Alexander Cushing who built the world's largest double chairlift, Squaw One, in 1949. Before the lifts skiiers were pulled by snowcat up the mountain.
* Today Tahoe's top 10 resorts offer a combined 155 chairlifts.
* The Tahoe area provides 26,000+ acres of skiable terrain.
* The largest concentration of ski areas in North America is found in Lake Tahoe.
* The Lake Tahoe area is partially in California and Nevada. Most of the downhill ski resorts are on the California side however Diamond Peak and Mt. Rose are both Nevadan ski resorts.