Let's go SKIING in Colorado's Powder!!! This original design celebrates Skiing in the beautiful State of Colorado.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Colorado is known for its silver mining and impeccable skiing. The world's largest silver nuggest was found in Aspen in 1894 (it weighed approx. 2,000 pounds).
* Breckenridge ski resort has the highest chairlift in North America: it rises a height of 12,840 feet.
* The state boasts 52 fourteeners (peaks over 14,000 feet high).
* Colorado's 25 ski and snowboard resorts open earlier and stay open later than other states: early October to late April is the season here.
* Steamboat Springs has produced 37 Winter olympians (more than any other city in North America). Yet, the state of Colorado turned down the offer to host the 1976 Winter Olympics.
* Woodward at Copper is an indoor barn for skiiers and riders to perfect their jumps, flips, twists, and turns.
* The very first detachable quad chairlift was installed at Breckenridge in 1981.
* The highest summit of any ski resort in North America is 13,050 feet at Arapahoe Basin.
* The 10th Mountain Division, a WW II US armed forces group, trained at Camp Hale in Colorado. The training included high altitude, low temperature combat on skis and snowshoes. This training became important for combat action in the mountains of Italy during the war.