This original design celebrates San Diego - a culturally diverse southern California city a short drive north of our neighbor Mexico.
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* San Diego Bay covers approx. 8 sq miles and contains about 300 million cubic yards of water.
* The Star of India, a 1863 sea vessel still in operation, calls the San Diego port home. She has completed twenty-one circumnavigations.
* The first of the 21 missions founded in California is the San Diego de Alcal?? (founded by Father Junipero Serra in 1769).
* One of the largest wooden structures in the nation is the Hotel Del Coronoado on Coronado island in San Diego. The hotel opened in 1888 and has hosted countless dignitaries and stars in its nearly 700 rooms. The Marilyn Monroe film "Some Like it Hot" was filmed at the hotel.
* San Diego's Balboa Park is the largest and first urban cultural park in the nation (est. 1870). It is home to fifteen museums, several art galleries, gardens, the Globe Theatre and the San Diego Zoo.
* The world famous San Diego Zoo was created from the exotic animal exhibitions abandoned after the 1915 Panama-California Exposition. Today the zoo is home to 3,700 rare and endangered animals.
* It is the second most populous city in California and the eighth largest city in the nation.
* San Diego is 20 miles north of Tijuana, Mexico.
* Every year over 200 cruise ships berth in the San Diego harbor.
* Gregory Peck, Dorothy McGuire and Mel Ferrer founded the La Jolla Playhouse in 1947. Today it is a Tony Award-winning professional non-profit theatre that presents a variety of plays and a wide range of education programs for the community.
* The first European exploration of the West Coast was to this area in 1542 by Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo. He was a Portuguese navigator sailing for the Spanish crown. Because of this many consider San Diego the birthplace of California.
* UCSD's Geisel Library houses the world's largest collection of original Dr. Suess manuscripts. Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss) once resided in La Jolla.
* San Diego County produces more Avocados than any region in the nation.
* San Diego's Rocket Chemical Company created the now world-famous WD-40.
* Due to the Old Globe theatre and the La Jolla Playhouse, San Diego has sent more shows to Broadway than any other city in the nation.
* Rancho Santa Fe, an exclusive community boasts huge houses with sweeping views and a private golf club. Many consider it to be more exclusive and expensive than Beverly Hills.
* The San Diego International Airport is the busiest, single-runway major airport in the nation.