The River Walk... The Alamo... This original design celebrates the City of San Antonio, Texas.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* San Antonio is the second largest city in Texas. It is also the 7th largest city in the nation.
* Original plans for the San Antonio River Walk in 1929 suggest the name "The Shops of Romula and Aragon." This amazing area of shops and cafes situated below street level was fortunately called the 'Paseo del Rio' or River Walk.
* An unexpected snow storm in the city between January 11th and 13th in 1985 shut down activity in the city center. The 13 1/2 inches of snow turned the usually semitropical San Antonio into a winter wonderland.
* Legend serves that a Mexican man in San Antonio sold a fried corn chips recipe to C. E. Doolin in 1932 who went on to manufacture 'Fritos.'
* San Antonio's Lanier High School set the Guinness World Record for Tamales. In 2011 during a massive 'Tamalada' over 1,300 people made 17,232 Tamales within 12 hours.
* San Antonio is the most visited city in the state of Texas.
* Each April the city celebrates 10 days of 'Fiesta', a tradition which started in 1891.
* In 1718 San Antonio was established by Spanish explorers and missionaries as a military post... later dubbed the Alamo.