Get your Kicks... with this original design celebrating Route 66!
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Classic Route 66 is approx. 2448 miles long.
* The route starts in Chicago and ends in Santa Monica. It crosses 8 states and passes through three time zones.
* Route 66 was officially decommisioned in 1985 although one can still drive parts of the route today. Much of the route was replaced by I-55, I-44, I-40, I-15 and I-10.
* Route 66 is also known as "The Will Rogers Highway" and "The Mother Road."
* Bobby Troup's 1946 song "Get your kicks on Route 66" became a major hit when Nat King Cole first recorded it. Since that time it has been remixed by various groups including the Rolling Stones and Depeche Mode.
* Cyrus Stevens Avery, as Consulting Highway Specialist to the U.S. Bureau of Public Roads, was tasked with the creation of a national highway system. In 1926 his efforts paid off with the commission of Route 66. Avery became known as the "Father of Route 66."
* Arizona contains the longest stretch of the historic route 66 still in use.
* The last curio store on Route 66 is Tucumcari's Tee Pee Curios. It is on the mother highway between Albuquerque and Amarillo.