"Give me liberty or give me death!" This original design celebrates the City of Richmond, Virginia.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Richmond's Jefferson Hotel is one of only a few hotels in North America to carry both the Forbes 5-star and the AAA 5-diamond rating. It is also a historic landmark and one of the finsest examples of Beaux Arts style in existence. The hotel was a dream of Mr. Lewis Ginter who commissioned the renowned architectural firm from New York, Carrere and Hastings to create this masterpiece. The hotel opened in 1895 and was host to thirteen Presidents. Within this landmark building is the restaurant: Lemaire. It is consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in the city.
* The city of Richmond is not part of any county, it is considered an independent city between Chesterfield and Henrico Counties.
* Two presidents are buried in the city of Richmond: Monroe and Tyler.
* Richmond's city flower is the Iris.
* Richmond is only 340 miles from New York City.
* Edgar Allan Poe is a famous former resident of Richmond. An Edgar Allan Poe museum in Richmond is located just blocks away from Poe's first Richmond residence and contains the world's finest collection of manuscripts, letters, first editions, memorabilia and personal belongings.
* Richmond's Science Museum of Virginia has a 29-ton granite Kugel. Visitors can move the giant orb with just the touch of a finger.
* Monument Avenue in Richmond is a beautiful, tree-lined, residential street which displays statues of legendary Virginian figures. It is a popular tourist spot in the city.