The City of Brotherly Love... This original design celebrates the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Philadelphia is often referred to as the 'Cradle of Liberty' and is home to Independence Hall (location of the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence signings).
* The city was the nation's capital for ten years during President Washington's term and part of President Adams' term.
* The Liberty Bell, an American icon, is on display at the aptly named 'Liberty Bell Center' on Market Street in Philadelphia.
* The oldest exchange of its kind in the nation is the Philadelphia Stock Exchange, founded in 1790.
* Within Philadelphia there is a beautifully intact early American streetscape: Elfreth's Alley. This preserved residential street from the early 1700s is a National Historic Landmark District.
* South Street, a major shopping and dining spot in the city, was known as the garment district until the 1950s. It has been featured in the opening credits of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.'
* The first cheesesteak and soft pretzel were made in Philadelphia (in the 1930s and 1850s). There was even a Pretzel Museum in Philadelphia for many years.
* A major rivalry continues between Pat's Steaks and Geno's Steaks, it began in the 1960s when Joey Vento opened 'Geno's' across the street from Olivieri brothers' Pat's King of Steaks. Who really serves the best?