This original design celebrates glamorous Palm Springs, California.
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* In 1863 Palm Springs was a stop along the stagecoach route from Los Angeles to Mexico.
* Palm Springs was originally named 'Agua Caliente' for the Agua Caliente band of Cahuilla tribe. The tribe is the largest landowner of the city (they own 6,700 + acres within the city limits). They are said to be the wealthiest tribe in North America.
* The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway leads up from the desert floor to the mountian station in one of the steepest ascents in the world. The ride takes 8 minutes.
* The city has the largest concentration of mid-century modern residential architecture in the world. Modernism Week is an 11-day celebration of this, showcased every February.
* The Greater Palm Springs area claims to have more pools per capita than anywhere in the country. There are more than 50,000 swimming pools.
* Palm Springs is less than 2 hours from Hollywood. It became the vacation spot for golden age stars such as Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, Clark Gable, Bette Davis, Errol Flynn, Joan Crawford, and Katherine Hepburn.
* With over 100 golf courses in the greater Palm Springs area this is a spot for golfing. In fact, La Quinta is home to the PGA West- a premier championship golf club and resort.
* Joshua Tree National Park is adjacent to Palm Springs and provides 800,000 acres of wilderness ready to be explored. When the area was first proposed for preservation in the 1930s it was nearly named 'Desert Plants National Park' as the area boasts 750 species of vascular plants.