This original design celebrates beautiful Palm Beach - along Florida's gold coast!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with turquoise velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Palm Beach County is the second largest in the state (1,977 square miles). It is larger than Rhode Island and Delaware.
* The Atlantic shoreline of Palm Beach was nicknamed Florida's Gold Coast after gold was recovered from Spanish galleons shipwrecked offshore.
* Henry Morrison Flagler was instrumental in development of Florida as a resort destination. Through the railroads that he built and hotel resorts such as The Breakers and The Royal Poinciana he put this area of Florida on the map. He built 'Whitehall' a massive 100,000 sq ft estate in Palm Beach for his third wife Mary Lily Kenan in 1902. Today the grand estate is a museum to the man who was a fundamental influence on modern Florida.
* It last snowed in Palm Beach in 1978. The weather is generally mild throughout the year: 70s in the Winter and 90s in the Summer.
* Golf is important to those living in the Palm Beach area. In fact, there are more than 150 public and private golf courses in the county. Could Palm Beach be the "Golf Capital of the World?"
* The Palm Beach Daily News, known as 'The Shiny Sheet' has been serving the area since 1897.
* The best surviving Palm Beach Estate from the 1920s is Mar-A-Lago. It was built as a private residence in 1927 by the 'dowager queen of Palm Beach' Marjorie Merriweather Post. Today the estate is owned by Donald Trump and is a luxurious private club and spa.