What a beautiful state! This original design celebrates the State of North Carolina - from Cape Fear to Asheville to Duck to Kitty Hawk where in Dec. 17, 1903 man's first flight took place.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The first successful flight of a mechanically propelled airplane was completed by the Wright Brothers in Kitty Hawk, NC in 1903.
* Virginia Dare was the first English child born on this land now known as the USA, she was born in Roanoke in 1587.
* The Venus Fly-Trap plant is native to Hampstead, North Carolina.
* Fayetteville native Hiram Rhoades Revels was the first African-American member of the United States Congress.
* Upper Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. It drops over 411 feet. Located just across the border in South Carolina the Lower Whitewater Falls drops another 400 feet.
* North Carolina leads the nation in the production of tobacco.
* North Carolina is also first in furniture production. In fact, High Point, NC is known by many as the 'Furniture Capital of the World.'
* North Carolina's White Lake is a unique spot for swimming as it has a white sandy bottom, crystal clear water, and has no hazardous depressions, currents, or tides. The shores are known as the "Nation's Safest Beach."
* The oldest state University in the country is the UNC at Chapel Hill, chartered in 1789.
* The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, is the largest private house in the country.
* Jockey's Ridge is the tallest natural sand dune system on the Eastern seaboard.
* Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina is the tallest mountain in the Eastern US. It reaches a height of 6,684 ft.