This original design celebrates the colorful City of New Orleans in exquistite detail!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The oldest school for girls is Ursuline Academy in New Orleans (it was founded in 1727 by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Ursuline).
* The oldest Catholic Cathedral in continual use in the nation is found in New Orleans. The Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France was built in 1794 (the original, built in 1720, burned to the ground in 1788).
* The earliest Opera performance in the nation took place in New Orleans in 1796.
* The Saint Charles streetcar line in New Orleans is a mobile national monument.
* New Orleans was founded by the French, ruled by the Spanish for nearly forty years, and purchased by the United States in 1803 (Louisiana Purchase). The city is known for its distinct Creole culture.
* The Superdome is considered the world's largest steel-constructed room unobstructed by posts (125 million cu.ft.).
* Mardi Gras is celebrated to the max in New Orleans. There are over 80 parades and the largest is by the Krewe of Endymion.
* Voodoo first came to New Orleans in the 1700s from Africa. The most important voodoo figure was born in New Orleans in the 1800s: Marie Laveau. She was known as the Voodoo Queen and was said to have had major power and influence at the time. Today her tomb is the most visited of all in New Orleans.