The Garden State. Very few know the whole beauty of New Jersey. This original design celebrates the beauty from Cape May to the Delaware Gap to Princeton to Hoboken to the 5 story tall Lucy the Elephant!!!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The largest seaport in the country is located in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
* New Jersey has the highest population density in the U.S. An average of 1,030 people per square mile.
* The Miss America pageant is held in Atlantic City.
* Atlantic City streets were the inspiration for the game board in Monopoly.
* The world's first saltwater taffy was produced in New Jersey in the 1870s.
* Thomas Edison invented the first phonograph, light bulb, and motion picture projector in his Menlo Park laboratory.
* New Jersey is sometimes referred to as the diner capital of the world.
* The famous duel of Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton took place in Weehawken (1804). Vice President Burr shot and killed Hamilton.
* Princeton and Trenton were both temporary capital cities for the nation (in 1783 and 1784 respectively).
* President Grover Cleveland was born in Caldwell, New Jersey in 1837.