This original design celebrates the State of Nevada from Vegas to Lake Tahoe to Sparks and across America's loneliest highway - Hwy 50!!!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Nugget casino in Sparks, NV featured an elephant show wherein Bertha, the famous pachyderm entertained guests for 37 years.
* The first round courthouse in the country was built in Pershing County, NV.
* The Hoover Dam was the highest concrete dam in the world when completed in the 1930s. It is over seven hundred feet high. It is the largest single public works project in the history of the US.
* The first female candidate for federal office was Anne Martin who ran for U.S. Senator in 1918 and 1920.
* A majority of the state is desert however the Ruby Mountains and the Sierra Nevada mountain range have snow nearly seven months out of the year.
* 85% of Nevada's 110,540 square miles are federal land (including the secret Area 51).
* Misfits Flats near Stagecoach, NV takes its name from the film by John Huston.
* Nevada is the nation's largest gold-producing state.
* Man made Lake Mead is the only Nevada lake with an outlet to the sea.
* Reno, NV is farther west than Los Angeles, CA.
* Hard hats were invented in 1933 specifically for the workers on the Hoover Dam.