"The Little Grey Lady of the Sea." This original design celebrates Nantucket in exquisite detail!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with blue & white ticked piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Nantucket's Brand Point Lighthouse is the second oldest in the country (c.1746).
* Nantucket is an island, a county, and a town.
* There is a wealth of pre-Civil War structures in Nantucket, over 800 in total.
* The First woman astronomer born in America was Maria Mitchell. She was born in Nantucket in 1818, a museum called the Maria Mitchell House can be found at her birthplace.
* The word Nantucket is a Wampanoag word which means "faraway land."
* Nantucket island does not have a single traffic light.
* Milestone Road cranberry bog is one of the world's largest bogs (over 260 acres).
* Nantucket has its own source of fresh drinking water: an aquifer below the island created by the glacier 12,000 years ago. The island does not add chlorine or any other additives to the water supply.
* Nantucket was first promoted as a vacation spot in Boston and New York newspapers in 1800.