The Little Grey Lady of the Sea. This original design celebrates Nantucket in exquisite detail!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Nantucket's Brand Point Lighthouse is the second oldest in the country (c.1746).
* Nantucket is an island, a county, and a town.
* There is a wealth of pre-Civil War structures in Nantucket, over 800 in total.
* The First woman astronomer born in America was Maria Mitchell. She was born in Nantucket in 1818, a museum called the Maria Mitchell House can be found at her birthplace.
* The word Nantucket is a Wampanoag word which means "faraway land."
* Nantucket island does not have a single traffic light.
* Milestone Road cranberry bog is one of the world's largest bogs (over 260 acres).
* Nantucket has its own source of fresh drinking water: an aquifer below the island created by the glacier 12,000 years ago. The island does not add chlorine or any other additives to the water supply.
* Nantucket was first promoted as a vacation spot in Boston and New York newspapers in 1800.