The State of Mississippi - from Biloxi to Tunica to Tupelo to the Shack-Up Inn (an amazing place right outside of Clarksdale)!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Phil Gilbert's Shoe Parlor in Vicksburg, MS was the first location where shoes were sold in boxed pairs (1884).
* Crystal Springs, MS was home to the first PTA (Parents-Teachers Association).
* Natchez is the oldest permanent settlement on the Mississippi river. It was first settled by the French in 1716.
* The catfish capital of the world is Belzoni, MS. This state is responsible for 70% of the nation's farm-raised catfish industry.
* In 1898 Biloxi resident Edward A. Barq, Sr. invented Root Beer.
* In 1811 and 1812, three earthquakes measuring around 8 on the richter scale, caused the Mississippi river to flow backwards.
* The world's longest man-made beach is Hwy.90, known as Beach Boulevard, along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It stretches for 26 miles.
* There are more churches per capita in Mississippi than in any other state in the country.
* The name of the state comes from the Ojibwa name "misi-sipi" meaning big river, it was applied to the river and the territory in 1798.