This design is "Land of 10,000 Lakes!" This original design celebrates the State of Minnesota - from Rochester (not New York) to Little Falls to International Falls...lots of water up there!!! What a beautiful state!!!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the largest urban sculpture garden in our nation.
* In 1919 a Minneapolis factory turned out the nation's first armored cars.
* The country's largest dinner theater is Chanhassan Dinner Theater in Minneapolis.
* The settlement of St.Paul was originally named "Pig's Eye" after the famous French-Canadian whiskey trader Pierre "Pig's Eye" Parrant.
* Minneapolis is tied with Seattle as the most literate city in the country.
* St. Paul's 3M company was the birthplace of the world's first masking tape and scotch tape (1925 and 1930). These were invented by engineer Richard Drew.
* Minneapolis' McGraw Electric Co. introduced the world's first automatic pop up toaster in 1926.
* Minneapolis' Old City Hall and Courthouse's clock tower reaches a height of more than 340 feet and boasts four clock-faces that are larger than those of London's Big Ben.
* The Mall of America, "the nation's largest fully enclosed retail and entertainment complex," covers 4.2 million square feet and is located in Bloomington, half way between Minneapolis and St. Paul.
* Both Minneapolis and St.Paul have skywall systems connecting miles of buildings in downtown areas. This makes it possible to live, work, eat, and shop without ever being outdoors.
* Minneapolis is a city made famous by the Mary Tyler Moore Show. In fact, a statue of Mary marks the spot in downtown Minneapolis where Mary threw her hat into the air (famous opening scene to the TV show).
* The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra is the only full-time orchestra in the country.
* Rice Park in St. Paul has the destinction of being named (by the American Planning Association) one of America's Top Great Spaces. It was established in 1849 as a place to graze animals and dry laundry.