This original design celebrates the State of Maryland - from Camp David to the Chesapeake Bay to Ocean City (and Thrasher's Fries - of course)!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The national anthem was written by a Maryland lawyer Francis Scott Key in 1814.
* Annapolis is known as the sailing capital of the world.
* Assateague Island is home to the world famous Chincoteague ponies who run wild in this special habitat.
* The first successful manned balloon launch took place in Baltimore, MD in 1784.
* In 1975 the first canonization of a native-born American occurred. Saint Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton of Emmitsburg, MD was so honored. She formed the religious community the Sisters of Charity.
* Maryland was the first state to enact a Workers' compensation law (1902).
* The earliest surviving railroad station in the country is in Baltimore, MD. Ellicot City Station was built in 1830 by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company.
* Edgar Allan Poe is buried in Baltimore's Westminster Hall and Burying Ground. He was originally buried in an unmarked grave in 1849 and later moved to a more prominent placement in the graveyard with a new, impressive monument built above his grave (it took a group ten years to gather the funds to build such a dedication).
* The Ouija board was invented and patented by Isaac and William Fuld of Maryland (1892).
* The country's first umbrella factory was established in Baltimore, MD by William Beehler in 1828.