From Cape Poge to the Cliffs - this original design celebrates Martha's Vineyard in exquisite detail.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with blue & white ticked piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The oldest operating platform carousel in the country is in Martha's Vineyard: the Flying Horse Carousel circa 1876.
* In the late 1600s a large deaf community on the island developed Martha's Vineyard Sign Language which was later instrumental in the creation of American Sign Language.
* The name of the island comes from British explorer Bartholomew Gosnold who landed here in 1602 and named it after his daughter. He also called the nearby area Cape Cod due to the fish in the nearby waters.
* It was officially founded in 1642 and was considered part of New York until 1691 when it was transferred to the province of Massachusetts Bay.
* There are six major towns on the island, they surround a Massachusetts state forest.
* Famous historical and current world figures have called Martha's Vineyard their vacation home paradise. President Ulysses S. Grant was known to vacation here in 1874. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis owned a home in the town of Aquinnah on the island.
* The movie "Jaws" was filmed on the island in 1974.
* Oak Bluffs contains a group of 19th century cottages nicknamed 'Gingerbread Cottages' as they have ornate moldings and bright colors.
* It is the third largest island on the US East Coast.
* Mysterious island pneumonic tularemia cases have occured every year since 2000. It is one of the only places in the country where this type of tularemia has occured. Scientists disagree on the cause but most of the cases have affected landscaping professionals.