"The Bu" - this original design celebrates Malibu, California.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The first inhabitants of the Malibu area were the Chumash tribe. They named that area "Humaliwo" which means the-surf-sounds-loudly.
* In 1989 the actor Martin Sheen was named honorary major of Malibu.
* Prior to the state of California's construction of the PCH or Highway 1, between Oxnard and Santa Monica in June of 1929, most of Malibu's land was owned by the Rindge family. This road forced the Rindges to subdivide their property.
* The Malibu Colony received its first hollywood star residents in the 1930s when Mrs. Rindge leased several ocean front lots to major stars. Today the Colony is a gated community containing some of the most expensive real estate in the city.
* Malibu's cost of living is 231.20% higher than the U.S. average.
* J.Paul Getty opened the Getty Villa, his second museum, in Malibu in 1974. Today it is home to an incredible collection of Roman and Greek sculptures.