This original design celebrates the State of Maine - from Kennebunkport to Moosehead Lake to Portland (Maine - not Oregon - ha - ha!).
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Maine is the only state in the lower 48 that shares its border with only one other state: New Hampshire.
* 90% of the US's lobster supply is caught off the Maine coast.
* Maine is first in the blueberry harvest, producing 99% of the US's supply.
* The world's only Umbrella Cover Museum exhibits covers from over thirty countries. This incredible to believe museum is in Peak Island, ME.
* The lowest recorded temperature in Maine was in 2009 in Caribou: -50* F.
* Maine is nearly the size of all of the New England states combined.
* Celebrated author Stephen King was born, raised, and still resides in the state of Maine.
* Maine is known as 'The Pine Tree State' and 'Vacationland.'
* Togus, founded in 1866, is the nation's first Veteran's Hospital.
* Maine is the only state name containing only one syllable.
* The first city to receive the morning sun's rays is Eastport, Maine. As its name indicates, it is the easternmost city in the nation.
* Somes Sound, five mile long sound etched into Mt. Desert Island, has been described as the only 'fjord' on the Atlantic Coast. It is somewhat smaller than Norwegian fjords and lacks the anoxic sediments and extreme vertical relief so officials now refer to it as a 'Fjard.'
* The carriage road system in Acadia National Park is one of the best examples of broken stone roads still in existence in America. These 45 miles of carriage roads were built by John D. Rockefeller Jr.