This original design celebrates the City of London in glorious detail. Cheerio!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* London is the first city in the world to have an underground subway system: the tube.
* Angel Tube Station has the longest escalator in Western Europe.
* The London Eye ferris wheel is the largest in Europe (it took 7 years to build).
* London has hosted the Olympics three times (a world record).
* The oldest public zoo in the world opened in London in 1828.
* Ealing Studios, established in 1902, are the oldest continuously working film studios in the world.
* There are more languages spoken within London than in any other city in the world (more than 300 languages).
* The chimes of the Big Ben clock tower's bell can be heard for five miles in every direction.
* The London Bridge is home to hundreds of bats which nest in the nooks and crannies.
* 25% of London residents were born in another country.
* Tea first appeared in London in September 1658 when the beverage was advertised in a pamphlet by a coffeehouse owner. The owner had acquired it from Dutch merchants who transported it to England from China.
* The Monument commemorating the Great Fire of London is the tallest isolated stone column in the world. It rises to 202 ft in height.