This original design celebrates the State of Kansas - from Wichita to Boot Hill to Topeka...!!!
The design is woven, then sewn into a 4-inch pillow ornament (complete with workable buttons and a mini pillow form!), with a cord for hanging from a Christmas tree, doorknob - you name it!
*Measures 4" x 4"
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Susan Madora Salter was elected major in Argonia, Kansas in 1887. She is the first woman to be elected mayor in the United States.
* Meade's Ranch in Osborne County is the Geodetic Center of North America. Identified in 1901, this triangulation station is also known as the North American Datum.
* Kansas produces more Wheat than any other state. In 1990 alone Kansas produced enough wheat to make 6 loaves of bread for every person on the planet.
* The Graham Cracker was named after Kansan minister Rev. Sylvester Graham (19th century) who strongly believed in eating whole grain foods.
* There is an actual tourist spot for "Oz" fans in Liberal, Kansas. It is a Seward County Historical Museum called "Dorothy's House" and includes a mini land of oz behind the farmhouse where visitors are led through the adventure with Dorothy as their host.
* Wichita, Kansas hold the nickname of "Air Capital of the World" as Boeing, Beech, Cessna, and Lear Jet all have plants in the city.
* Helium was first discovered by a French astronomer who refered to it as 'helium on the sun' in 1868 but it wasn't known as a common element found on earth until 1905 when the University of Kansas in Lawrence made the discovery from a newly drilled well in Dexter.