This original design celebrates the City of Jacksonville in total detail! From St. John's River to Mayport. From Pont Vedra to the Landing...it's all here.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with turquoise velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Jacksonville is named for General Andrew Jackson (the first military governor of Florida) who never actually visited the city.
* In the early 20th century the biggest tourist attraction in the city was the Ostrich Farm.
* The St. Johns River flows north instead of south.
* The Sally Corporation in Jacksonville makes animatronics figures and theme rides for amusement parks worldwide (since 1977).
* Jacksonville contains the largest urban park system in the county (111,669 acres of parks).
* One of the earliest community theater companies in the country is Theatre Jacksonville (c.1919). It is still in operation.
* Jacksonville is the largest city in the lower 48 states by land mass (747 sq. miles).
* The Jacoby Symphony Hall, built in 1997, is the only true orchestral hall in Florida. It is home to the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
* Jacksonville hosted Super Bowl XXXIX at the Alltel Stadium. It was the first time the city had hosted the major football event.