This original design celebrates the City of Jacksonville in total detail! From St. John's River to Mayport. From Pont Vedra to the Landing...it's all here.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Jacksonville is named for General Andrew Jackson (the first military governor of Florida) who never actually visited the city.
* In the early 20th century the biggest tourist attraction in the city was the Ostrich Farm.
* The St. Johns River flows north instead of south.
* The Sally Corporation in Jacksonville makes animatronics figures and theme rides for amusement parks worldwide (since 1977).
* Jacksonville contains the largest urban park system in the county (111,669 acres of parks).
* One of the earliest community theater companies in the country is Theatre Jacksonville (c.1919). It is still in operation.
* Jacksonville is the largest city in the lower 48 states by land mass (747 sq. miles).
* The Jacoby Symphony Hall, built in 1997, is the only true orchestral hall in Florida. It is home to the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
* Jacksonville hosted Super Bowl XXXIX at the Alltel Stadium. It was the first time the city had hosted the major football event.