The Last and Best of the Old West! This original design celebrates Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The longest running Shoot-Out in the world, is held here six nights a week from May to September. It began in 1957.
* Picturesque Jackson Hole has been the location of choice for over 15 feature films including: "The Big Trail"; "Rocky IV"; "Django Unchained."
* Jackson Hole is home to the National Elk Refuge. The refuge was created in 1912, is managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and provides a safe place for 7,500 migrating elk each winter.
* The only public auction of elk antlers in the world takes place on the Jackson Town Square every May. The antlers are naturally shed and then collected by the Boy Scouts of America who are permitted to sell them. A percentage of the proceeds from the sale is returned to the refuge to assure its survival.
* Jackson Hole was originally named for David E. Jackson, a beaver trapper who favored this beautiful valley location.
* In 1920 the town of Jackson elected an all-woman council, including a female mayor. In 1869 the state became the first in the country to allow women to vote. The state's nickname is the "Equality State."
* Most (97%) of the land in the Jackson Hole area is federal and state owned.