Ah, bella Italia! This original design celebrates the beauty of Italy and its rich culture.
Using vintage sewing machines (they don't build 'em like they used to) the fabric is turned this way and that way allowing the straight needle to swerve and criss-cross the many patterned play of our designs. Only specially trained artisans can handle the quick movements needed to create such masterpieces! Spelling errors guaranteed to enhance their charm and one-of-a-kind workmanship. This pillow is embroidered on an ivory linen-cotton blend cover with tied closure. Accented with black velvet piping.
*18" x 26"
*Down form included
*Dry clean only
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Italy has 15 minority languages officially recognized by the government including Sardinian, Friulian, Catalan, Occitan, French, Slovenian, Croatian, Albanian, and Greek.
* The small European countries of San Marino and Vatican City are enclaved within Italy.
* Europe's three active volcanoes are all in the Southern Italy: Mt. Etna, Mt. Stromboli, Mt. Vesuvius.
* Italians have a difficult time identifying with Italy as a single nation (although it was unified until 1870).
* The three colors on the Italian flag represent virtues: hope, faith, and charity.
* In the late 13th century in Italy, Salvino D'Armate invented the first wearable eyeglasses.
* William Shakespeare set 13 of his plays in Italy.
* The world's oldest bank still in operation is the "Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena" which was founded in 1472.
* Florence Cathedral has the largest brick dome ever constructed (c.1420).
* Italians invented the Violin, cello, and modern piano.
* There are more famous fashion designers from Italy than from any other country.
* Italy is roughly the size of Arizona.
* The city of Syracuse in Sicily was once the largest Ancient Greek city in the world.