The land of Lincoln. This original design celebrates the State of Illinois - from Cairo to Chicago!!!
The design is woven, then sewn into a 4-inch pillow ornament (complete with workable buttons and a mini pillow form!), with a cord for hanging from a Christmas tree, doorknob - you name it!
*Measures 4" x 4"
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The first city in the United States to use electric streetlights was Wabash, Indiana (the year was 1880).
* The raggedy ann doll was created by Marcella Gruelle of Indianapolis, Indiana in 1914.
* James Dean was born in Marion, Indiana where there now stands a museum dedicated to his life.
* Indiana is considered a Great Lakes State despite the fact that it has only 40 miles of shoreline (Lake Michigan).
* The only man-made white-water raceway in North America is the East Race Waterway in south Bend, Indiana.
* The Indianapolis 500 is the largest single day sporting event in the world.
* Sarah Breedlove became the first self-made female millionaire in the United States. She amassed her wealth in the 1910s through her cosmetics company "Madame C.J. Walker Manufacturing Company of Indiana, Inc" located in Indianapolis. She was also a civil rights activist and traveled to the white house in 1917 to petition Pres.Woodrow Wilson to make lynching a federal crime.
* The origins of the term "Hoosier" are still a mystery. Since the early 1800s Indiana's residents have been known as "Hoosiers."
* The Indiana state fairgrounds has a "walk of legends" with hand prints of famous Indiana public figures.
* The name "Indiana" is latin for 'land of the Indians.'
* The famous singer/songwriter John Mellencamp was born in Seymour, Indiana and is a current resident of Bloomington (he is one of the most famous Hoosiers).
* The world's first theme park opened in Santa Claus, Indiana in 1946. "Santa Claus Land" opened 9 years prior to Disneyland.
* Garfield comics creator Jim Davis is from Marion, Indiana.
* Southern Indiana contains a subterranean sea of Limestone (the largest concentrated deposit in the world).