The land of Lincoln. This original design celebrates the State of Illinois - from Cairo to Chicago!!!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* A replica of the leaning tower of Pisa stands in the town of Niles, Illinois.
* Walt Disney was born in Illinois.
* Pinball was invented in Chicago in 1930 by "In and Outdoor Games Company."
* The city of Metropolis is in southern Illinois (there is a statue of Superman featured in the downtown).
* There are more units of government in Illinois than in any other state. Over six thousand units to be exact. This is due to city, county and township regulating bodies.
* The world's largest cookie and cracker factory, where 16 billion Oreo cookies were made in one year, is located in Chicago (Nabisco).
* The world's largest public library collection of books is the Chicago Public Library, it contains more than 2 million books.
* Illinois has reported the highest number of personalized license plates (more than any other state).
* The world's first skyscraper was built in Chicago in 1885 (The Marlin Perkins).
* 80% of the country's pumpkins are grown in Illinois.
* The tallest man in the world was born in Alton in 1918 (he stood 8 feet, 11 inches tall.
* The Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) in Chicago is the second tallest building in North America and contains the world's fastest elevators (1,600 ft./minute. The building was once the tallest in the world (from its opening in 1973 until 1996).
* Illinois is bordered by six states (Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, and Wisconsin).
* Residents of Illinois are called "Illinoisans."