Charlie Chaplin, The RUBY Slippers! This original design celebrates the spirit of the City of Hollywood!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Hollywood Bowl is the USA's largest natural outdoor amphitheater.
* The famous Hollywood sign was altered by vandals in 1976 to read "HOLLYWeeD" following the passage of a state law decriminalizing marijuana in California.
* Ben Hur (1959), Titanic (1997), and The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003) have won 11 oscar awards each.
* The Academy Awards were first held in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (attended by 270 people).
* Nestor Studio was the first movie studio in Hollywood (1911).
* The term "movies" originally refered to the people who made films. It was a disdainful term given to the 'invading' Easterners who flocked to this area of Southern California to create films.
* The work of a Nobel prize-winning author, Ernest Hemingway, was adapted for the screen by another Novel prize-winning author, William Faulkner, in 1945 ("To Have and Have Not").
* The flashing warning light on the cylindrical Capitol Records tower spells out HOLLYWOOD in Morse code.
* The Golden Age of Hollywood was approximately from 1927 to 1948 when five major studios owned large, grand theaters showing only movies produced with their contracted actors and made by their studios.
* The first movie star fashion trend was Mary Pickford's curls. Many women tried to emulate her hairstyle.