Opa! This original design celebrates the beautiful country of Greece and its rich culture.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece, it has over fifty peaks with the highest peak reaching 9,570ft.
* The Official name of Greece is The Hellenic Republic.
* Greece is roughly the size of Alabama (50,949 sq.miles).
* Citizens of Greece are required to vote (18 years of age or older citizens cannot opt out of voting).
* The country of Greece has more than 2,000 islands.
* Greece has about 9,000 miles of coastline (in fact no point in Greece is more than 85 miles from water).
* The Parthenon was built 2,500 years ago and sits on the Acropolis above the city of Athens.
* 80% of Greece is mountainous.
* Athens, the capital city of Greece, is one of the oldest cities in Europe. It has been continuously inhabited for over 7,000 years.
* Geece has more archaeological museums than any other country in the world.
* The frequent use of turquoise blue paint on doors, church domes, and windowsills, is due to the ancient belief that this shade of blue keeps evil away. The color is called Kyanos.
* The first Olympic Games took place in Greece in 776B.C.
* The monk seal, a cultural symbol of Greece, is now endagered, yet it is such an ancient species with descriptions dating to the time of "The Odyssey."It is featured on a coin dating back to 500 B.C.