The most visited national park in the USA! This original design celebrates the Great Smoky Mountains National Park!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with tan velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* With 8-10 million visitors each year, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited national park in the USA.
* This is the largest national park East of the Rocky Mountains.
* It is one of the few major national parks to charge no admission fee.
* The park features more than 850 miles of hiking trails.
* The "Road to Nowhere" is a 6-mile scenic drive in the Park that ends at the mouth of a tunnel. It was planned as a second entrance into Cades Cove.
* Cades Cove is a 4,000-acre scenic valley of pioneer homesteads, campgrounds, and hiking trails. It is the most visited area of the National Park.
* There is an average of two bears per square mile of the park.
* These Mountains were formed about 200 million years ago, makes them some of the oldest mountains in the world.
* A 70-mile stretch of the Appalachian Trail winds through this National Park.
* The Great Smoky Mountains are known as the "Salamander Capital of the World" because of the 30 species of salamander found there.
* The Cherokee tribe refered to the Great Smoky Mountains as the "Land of Blue Mist."
* This National Park has the largest variety of wildflowers of any other National Park in the USA: 1,500 species to be exact.
* Great Smoky Mountains National Park lies within a day's drive of 2/3 of the population of the USA.