The Soul of the South... the Peach State! Dalton to Savannah, Okefenokee to Athens, Bulldogs to Onions!!! This original design celebrates the State of Georgia.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Georgia was named for King George II of England.
* The Vidalia onion, known as the sweetest onion in the world, can only be grown in the fields around Vidalia and Glennville.
* Georgia is the largest state east of the Mississippi River.
* August is the home of the Augusta National Golf Club which hosts the world famous Masters Golf Tournament (every April).
* The first college in the world to grant degrees to women was Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia.
* Georgia is the number one US producer of peaches, peanuts, and pecans.
* The famous swamp in southern Georgia, the Okefenokee, derives its name from the indigenous Creeks. A translation of the Hitchiti Creek word is 'waters shaking.'
* Berry College in Rome, Georgia is the largest college campus in the world (28,000 acres).