This original design celebrates the World's Tallest Building (well, between 1931 and 1972, that is) - the Empire State Building. A New York Icon!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* It took the builders one year and 45 days to complete the construction of the Empire State Building.
* It was once the tallest building in the world but is now considered to be the 8th tallest.
* The static electricity is so strong on the top of the building that people on the observatory floor can see sparks when they kiss.
* The building was officially opened on May 1, 1931 when President Herbert Hoover turned the lights on with a push of a button from Washington, D.C.
* Because so many businesses are housed in the building the Empire State has its own zip code, 10118.
* The Empire State Building has a lightning rod near the top which is struck by lightning approx. 23 times every year.
* In 1983, for the 50th anniversary of the film KING KONG, an inflatable King Kong was placed on the real Empire State Building.