La belle tour eiffel! This original design celebrates the Eiffel Tower. A Parisian Icon!
This EXTRA LARGE pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it takes 2 weeks (80+ hours) with 2 artisans working on it - just to make one of these XL Pillows! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
Our XL pillows can be ordered in any of our geography designs! Allow 4 months for delivery. Contact us
for more information.
*30" x 30"
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The French name for the Eiffel Tower is La Tour Eiffel, it also has the nickname 'La dame de fer' which means the iron lady (constructed of nearly 10,000 tons of iron).
* The Tower was designed to be wind resistant (it moves mere inchese in the wind).
* When construction of the tower began on the Champs de Mars, a group of 300 artists, sculptors, writers and architects sent a petition to the commissioner of the Paris Exposition, pleading him to halt construction of the "ridiculous tower" that would dominate Paris like a "gigantic black smokestack."
* There are 5 billion lights on the Eiffel Tower.
* One of the tower's elevators travels a total distance of 64,001 miles a year.
* The French military used the tower to communicate wirelessly with ships in the Atlantic Ocean and intercept enemy messages during World War I. The 120 antennas still on the tower broadcast both radio and television signals through Paris and beyond.
* Tower Architect Gustav Eiffel had a private room built for him at the top of the tower (it is still in existence).
* From 1925 to 1935 the Eiffel Tower was used as a commercial billboard by CITROEN who equipped the tower with illuminated letters spelling their company name.